<< Return to Affiliated Companies
In the mid-1990’s the Province of Nova Scotia decided to experiment with the Public-Private-Partnership (P-3) formula to build schools throughout the Province. The main objectives were to provide taxpayers with value for their tax dollars, benefit from private sector expertise with respect to efficient execution and administration of projects, reduce risks and create opportunities for local entrepreneurs.

The Department of Education invited private companies to submit proposals for the design, construction, ownership and operation of 31 facilities to be leased to the province of Nova Scotia for a 20 year term and used for education purposes.
In 1998, Scotia Learning Centres was selected as the preferred partner to build 13 schools in conjunction with the Halifax Regional School Board, Chignectocentral Regional School Board and the Conseil Scolarie Acadien Provincial (CSAP).
Over the next 18 months, Scotia Learning Centres completed all 13 schools for a total of 919,207 square feet.
In June 2004, the portfolio of schools was expanded with the acquisition of the Leo Hayes High School in Fredericton, New Brunswick. This state-of-the-art 166,000 square foot facility was constructed in 1999 and is home to over 1,000 students and teachers.
Company Name: Scotia Learning Centres
Telephone: 423-1080
Email: comments@armcocap.com

Other Properties operated by Scotia Learning Centres: